1:00 (PLUS MARINATING)
- 1 lb 44 Farms Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (puréed)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tsp Oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Water
- 1/2 c Onion (diced small)
- 1 c Tomato (diced small)
- 1/2 c Anaheim Pepper (diced small)
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/4 c Cilantro (chopped)
- 8 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Avocado (diced)
- Lime Wedges
Combine chorizo spice ingredients in a bowl. Add ground beef and thoroughly mix. Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of three hours and up to two days.
When ready to cook, heat a large cast iron pot to medium/high heat. Add beef chorizo and cook for about five minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove 1/4 cup of fat from the ground beef.
Add onions, tomatoes and Anaheim peppers. Cook until onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup water, stir and cover. Simmer on medium heat for 30-40 minutes.
Stir in the chopped cilantro.
Serve with tortillas and your favorite toppings.